Tuesday, June 25, 2013

It is no secret that I love summer. I love the freedom and the sleeping in and all the extra time with our friends. This summer is different than the norm, but I kinda think I love it. We have had to slow down quite a bit and I think that is just what we needed. I am not usually a be at home kind of gal...but God knew just what we needed when we moved into our new home. I love His plans for us. Our Leon Springs house had been on the market on and off for over a year. We went out on a BIG huge limb and bought our new house while it was still on the market. We even took it off the market while we packed and moved. Only crazy people would do that. Crazy faithful people of course.
Because... three days after we were settled and put the Leon Springs house back on the market...it sold. Yup. Sold. We have had lots of different plans over the past year of where we were going to go and where we were going to live and so on and so forth. But as always, His plans were better. So much better than we could have imagined. His generosity is overwhelming.
Summer brings weddings and fathers day and summer camps and bathing suits. We were honored to attend a wedding of a sweet couple the day before fathers day. It was so bittersweet to sit back and watch the adorable couple pledge their adoration to each other. They were standing on the forefront of the most carefree moments of their lives. Their best and worst moments are yet to come. Such a precious time that only comes ONCE in your life.
I never thought for a second that my vows would become a reality. For richer and for poorer. In sickness and in health. Through good times and bad. It just seemed like words to me on the day we gathered with our loved ones to celebrate. I knew I was making a commitment to the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, but there was so much I didn't know. I didn't think big things happened to regular people. I never thought we would move away from home and be surprised with a special needs child (during a hurricane of course), I never thought I would lose my mom so abruptly, I never thought I would stand over my husband wondering how much more time I had with him. These are things that I never could have predicted...but was clearly prepared for. God gave me the tools...for such a time as this. 

We are preparing a return to the Cleveland Clinic next week. We are going to make a quick trip to get a second opinion on the current treatment plan. When we return, Justin will get started with IVIG and then will have Chemo treatments coming up. We will find out this week when we should plan for his right hip replacement. We still need to address his heart...among other things...but one day at a time.
I feel like it would be so nice to just worry about normal people things....like work, vacations, money and what is for dinner. But, those storms are for others and THIS storm is ours. These curve balls are being thrown to US and if we sit around wishing we were on the bench, we wouldn't be able to knock those balls out of the park. God is continuing to do a mighty work in our hearts. His plan was so much greater than us just saying I DO. He had a lot for us to get through after that day and he wanted us to lean on Him every step of the way...I can't wait to meet Him face to face and say "WE DID."

blog comments powered by Disqus