Wednesday, March 14, 2012

right where we are supposed to be

The river house is our most favorite place in the whole wide universe. We are relaxed to the max here. There is no need for checking the time or setting an alarm clock. There is no need for anything other than sweat pants, tshirts and maybe a little camo.
We stay up late and sleep in late. We skip naps and then take extra naps the next day. We have two naked babies that love to skip around in the freezing cold river. We have a big boy that could ride on the ranger from sun up to sun down. We cook and laugh and admire the beautiful scenery that the Lord prepared. We feel blessed and privileged to be here every single second of each day. Although I did have to make a few phone calls to reschedule and schedule doctors appointments...we were able to spend most of this special vacation being "sick free" -
which is GOOD.
There is nowhere to be but where we are.
There are quite a few appointments coming up in the next few days. Several on Friday and liver biopsy results Monday. There has been quite a bit of swelling and pain, but Justin is a warrior and he complains so minimally. He is not going to miss an opportunity to do "man things" with the boys. There are times when I wish we could do more, I wish he tired less easily and that he could be pain free for even just 5 minutes. But then I remember...there is nowhere we are supposed to be but where we are. This is exactly where we are and no matter how tricky and frustrating it is...God has big big plans for us. Plans to prosper and NEVER to harm. How will He use Justin through this terrible situation? I see Him working already every day, but God has more in store. A whole bunch more. I pray that I can bring some of this state of mind home with me. I don't always know where my phone is when I am here. I don't have a schedule. We don't watch TV. I let the boys go outside after baths. We have picnics in the middle of the afternoon when it isnt really "meal" time. We dont talk about doctors appointments at dinner time. We eat all the leftovers. We dont spend any money. We do not forget to say grace.
I know all of these things are not a reality ALL of the time when we get home...but there is no reason we cannot try and implement some of these precious moments into our everyday lives.
Sometimes babies are just not tired for a nap at the river house. As you can see here, Braxton was NOT tired. He insisted on staying up to play and said " i no go night night." He was clearly wide awake and not one tiny bit tired.

Bryce gets some good quality daddy time in at the ranch.
Let's face it, big boys get to do the coolest stuff. That is just the deal.

It is always a treat when Pop Pop is around. He gains two little shadows the second he walks in.

We made lots of yummy food this week. Not all makers/paleo necessarily...but clean for sure. Bryce helped me make homemade donuts on Monday morning. They were pretty much amazing and Bryce thought I was a rockstar and there was no scary ingredients that we couldnt pronounce in them :)

My morning cup of coffee (also known as my morning pot of coffee) was best enjoyed with the view of the river.

Here is Justin and Mitch being SUPER tough guys. I mean these guys are in full on protection mode right now. Saving lives and taking names.
Not.
This sort of thing makes my dad and hubby like me more.




We are just right where we are supposed to be.

blog comments powered by Disqus