Wednesday, March 7, 2012

one minute

I am not sure what you are doing tomorrow...but I would like to request 60 seconds of your time.

In one minute you can do some serious praying. A power prayer if you will. Between the hours of 7am and 10am Justin will be under anesthesia for a liver biopsy. He is pretty pass the salt about the whole deal and just feels like its just another day in the life of Justin.
So bottom line is pray.
Besides the obvious praying for the doctors wisdom and blah blah...I thought of a few other things that you could choose from.
1. Thank you Jesus for loving Justin. No matter what his health situation or his attitude about it...you love him. Like a whole whole bunch. Not only do you know how many hairs are on the top of his head, but you know what is going on with each and every cell of his body. Thank you Jesus for loving those cells and loving them well.
2. Thank you Jesus for using Justin. You oh so clearly have some great plans for this amazing man. We have seen the fruit of that in many ways. But Jesus you have more in store and its good. We know Lord that you are in the business of healing and miracles, but you are also in the business of showing your mighty face through suffering. Thank you Jesus for using Justin and our family.
3. Jesus you have plans to prosper Justin and not to harm him. Whether you heal him here on this earth or bring him home to you...we know that your perfect will is in store for him. We beg and plead with you to heal him here so that he can give you the glory and be a husband, father and friend. Thank you for your perfect plan Jesus.
So those little prayers seem minute-ish.
I know many of you pray for Justin very often and for much longer than a minute. The Lord hears your cries ALL of the time. All day and all night. I am thankful and excited to know how many people will stop and lift him up without even being prompted.
I have learned a lot about prayer in the past year. I have learned to not just call up Jesus and give Him my wish list and hang up on his ear. I have learned to ask Him what He wants from me before I ask Him to help me with anything. I have a lot more to learn and a lot more to hear. I am ready...are you??

blog comments powered by Disqus