Wednesday, April 10, 2013

it is in RED

Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. - Matthew 6:34
So...wait a minute. Jesus said there is going to be trouble today? And tomorrow? Yup. He said it. It is in RED. I find it comforting to know that our Father didn't give us false expectations. He promised us a glorious new life and healing, but we will have to wait for it. Jesus also said blessed are those who mourn, the poor, the hungry, the sick etc. BLESSED!? You mean...he didnt say condemn them? Feel sorry for them? Pray that they believe harder? Nope. He did not. It is in RED. 
What a treasure it is to know that Jesus reminds us through His word that believers won't have it easy. It seems odd to say, but it truly is comforting. He has given us the freedom to ask for and seek whatever we want...but only He knows what we NEED. And He will provide. 
Sometimes when I look over our life I feel like a hamster in one of those ball things. Hurry up and wait. Run run run to...nowhere. Be patient. Be grateful. Be humble. Be prayerful. Be still. YIKES! If I do all of those things at the exact same time with a big smile on my face will He bless me and make it all easier? Nope. 
So, fine. I will keep my chin up for the party that is coming and do my best to follow some of these directions He has left for me. Praise Him for this big instruction manual, because I am a hot mess without it. 
There have been a few updates regarding Justin. He will have his heart surgery next week. He also went for several tests today regarding some new developments dr. f discovered. We will just deal with that after the surgery :) Get your praying pants back on folks! Just leave them on, ok?
And now a little recap of the past few weeks...

we did a little easter egg dying!


after each time he would say "I DID IT!"


We loved getting some good time with Pop Pop at the river house!




I got to go to our church womens retreat this past weekend. Left feeling refreshed for some encouraging time with some pretty awesome gals...and with some serious allergies :)

And the little nuggets started soccer!!! 

They loved it to pieces. And so did I!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for any other wonderful article. Where else may just anybody get that kind of information
    in such an ideal way of writing? I have
    a presentation subsequent week, and I'm on the search for such info.

    My homepage: kaufberatung mp3 player

    ReplyDelete