Monday, August 24, 2009

phew

Well the weekend is over! We had a very busy few days with lots of visitors and now we begin our fresh and full of fun things week. Justin's parents, sister and nephew drove in Friday evening from Houston. We went to SeaWorld on Saturday (and yes it was as crazy as you would imagine the last Saturday before school started!) and Bryce had a great time! Shamu's trainer came over and talked to him and gave him a high 5 and that was totally the hilight of his day! Sunday we got to go to my grandparents farm house in Moulton to meet up with my Dad. He wanted to bring me my mom's china and some pictures and other misc. items of hers. We all always have such a great time when we go there! I can't be sure if Justin or Bryce has more fun :) The boys rode the 4 wheeler, went on a couple jeep rides AND Bryce got to shoot the gun. He shot a water bottle and it may have been his proudest moment. My Dad got lots of great pictures on his camera and I will post those as soon as I get them from him. As always, Brody's smile was the hit of the day! He is such a sweet and loving boy.
I am learning to feel a better peace about where my mom is now. I still yearn for her voice daily, but my heart is starting to slowly heal. I have begged daily for God's strength and although I know I will never fully heal...I am now starting to find some peace. As I encourage one of my dearest friends through her loss, I see how strong our precious Lord has made me and it is very reassuring. I am very comfortable with the fact that I will never feel OK about her being gone, a day will never go by that the memory of her voice and caring words do not bring tears to my eyes and the feeling I get in my stomach when I think about her is here to stay. I am grateful for these strong emotions and pray that God will let me feel these affections forever.

blog comments powered by Disqus