Wednesday, August 19, 2009

praise

Blessed be the Lord...the God of our Salvation.
So many times we are able to place satisfaction in the hands of a person or object. We can blame hardships on trivial things. We take our situations for allocations we believe we deserve. I am guilty of this as well at times as it is easy to get caught up in the moment, but it hurts the most when I see beautiful people who have not strengthened there relationship with our Lord take advantage of their blessings. We have to look at every situation as an opportunity that He has bestowed upon us...and these situations are not always the best. We are challenged, things are taken from us, we make mistakes, we stop listening to Him...but His constant love for us allows us to get back on track at any moment and praise Him for our blessings. He is constantly validating us and blessing us with such glorious gifts. When things were the hardest, like the day Brody was born, the day of his surgery and the day my mom died...I WHOLE heartedly handed my life to my Lord and He took care of me. That was a very difficult thing to do when part of me just wanted to scream and be angry and curse the "misfortunes" that were falling upon our family. Over this past year my relationship with God has manifested into the best relationship I have ever had in my life and I am so grateful that He wrote my path so difficultly so that I was gifted these chances to further my bond with Him, to learn my own strength and to be reminded exactly who is in control of my life.

blog comments powered by Disqus