Wednesday, January 12, 2011

today i am thankful for...

1. My health. I thank God every single day for it. I am brought to my knees far too often in prayer for friends dealing with health issues. His plan is so big and so great that at the time...we often just flat out do not understand it. He does. He knows. He really has a plan for all of us. I am constantly reminded of His grace. He touches us during hard times. He is there for us each and every step of the way. I have had to lean on Him during some hard times and I know there are others that have had to lean on Him much harder. I try and remind myself that He is so much bigger than the "right now" .....so so much. I am thankful to have "bad" days. And even more thankful for the good ones. I am so proud to serve a God that is all knowing. I am humbled constantly.

2. Braxton. Big fat baby Braxton. He had his 1 year check up today (finally) and is growing STRONG! He is in the 90th percentile for height and weight. He wears the same size clothes as Brody. He is hilarious. Fat and funny. He eats like a horse. Everything is so funny to him...he loves to give kisses. Big fat sloppy slobbery delicious ones!
3. Marriage Mentoring. If you are not signed up...you should be. I dont even have to words to express how powerful and life changing it is. Our mentors are our family. They love us and encourage us and laugh with us. They are our biggest cheerleaders.
4. My family. No explanation necessary.
5. Hot Tamales. Yeah...I said that. Not to be compared to my number one on the list. But...they make me happy. A lot happy. Almost as happy as a skinny cinnamon dolce latte from Starbucks. Almost.
6. The Bible. I am so thankful for the perfect scripture that is available to make sense out of any situation. I am so thankful for the truth it provides. It has every answer inside. Every. Single. Answer.
7. My bed. Which is where I am headed now. Bring it on preschool...I will be ready for you tomorrow!!!

blog comments powered by Disqus