Thursday, August 25, 2011

unshakable faith

A very dear friend reminded me of the story of Job. Job was tested many many times and remained a strong man that honored and praised God no matter what. He never lost sight of who his God was. And God brings all things that are of GOOD. His friends told him to repent...but he knew the truth in his heart and did not let satan get a hold on him.
We are not Job....we are not a wealthy family with 7 sons and 3 daughters. BUT we are children of God. We we were created in His perfect vision. Justin, myself, Bryce, Brody and Braxton are here on earth JUST as HE wanted us to be.
Job showed the true meaning of "long suffering" ...he showed that sometimes there is sickness to later glorify the Lord.
I dont know if this is relative to Justin's story. I may not ever know. I dont even deserve to know. But it reminds me to be hopeful. It reminds me that there are elements to Justin's life and his health that can truly serve a greater good. We will NOT stop fighting and we will NOT stop praising Him and we will NOT stop rallying in prayer. But we WILL stop demanding answers and we WILL stop feeling deserving of knowing every step of His plan and we WILL stop letting satan steal from the many other blessings around us.
I agree today that I will try my very best to stop viewing our trials as burdens, but as bigger ways to glorify Him. Bigger and better ways to show others how redeeming faithfulness can be. We are called for a bigger purpose. Our story shows great trials over the past 5 years...and we have never looked back and said "oh gosh...we were so alone" Never. Not once. We always knew He was walking with us. Him and a big ol' bunch of His precious children.
Justins life right now is scary. His prognosis is awful and his symptoms worsen each day. Saying that I feel discouraged is a huge understatement. But each day that he lives is another day for him to rely on the Lord and thank him for each blessing.

"Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the LORD!" (Psalm 27:14).

blog comments powered by Disqus