Wednesday, June 8, 2011

i'm gonna let it shine!

People are praying. People are praying BIG TIME.

How do I know??
Today was Justin's appointment. Unfortunately, there was no AWESOME news...but there was NO BAD NEWS!!!
His liver is the same...still concerning....but not worse.
His CK levels are still extremely high...but not higher.
His pain has not improved...but has not worsened.
Swelling has improved by 50%!
He has NOT lost any more weight.
He is at a stand still...which means the doctor did not hospitalize today.
Not worse is good enough for us...for now.

There is still a LOT to pray for.
We learned today that while his CK levels remain this high (3,000 over normal) his muscles are basically eating away at themselves. This means that he has to be even MORE careful. He got in HUGE trouble for mowing the yard. Basically, he is to have NO activity that could make him break a sweat.
Dad - close your eyes.
Justin can still remain sexually active for those of you who were concerned about that. Are you laughing? Well...this is one of the MOST popular questions I have received. It's actually the question that some people ask first. Seriously. I love it.
Open your eyes Dad.
:)
The plan for now is to stay on the methotrexate and 120mg of prednisone + a big handful of other stuff. The side effects are taking a toll on his body for sure.

I so wish I could thank each of you for your prayers and love that has been pouring steadily over us. We are so humbled each day by all of God's beautiful blessings...and did I mention my friends can COOK! Yum!!

The whole way home I was smiling...the last two appointments I left crying my face off. The news was not good...but I was able to feel hopeful.
I started to hum this little light of mine...
That's just kinda how I feel right now :)
Thank you for walking alongside us during this journey.

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

- Hebrews 11:6

blog comments powered by Disqus