Tuesday, June 21, 2011

thankful

my brain is continuously thinking of all the people i am thankful for right now.
i am thankful for the people that are feeding us! YUMMY! the steroids make justin STARVING and yummy dinner just keeps on showing up! thank you so much for those coordinating that. also, an extra shout out to Justin Hobbs for also passing on his blessing of meals to us.
Thank you to my sweet precious friend that made me the most perfect and snuggly blanket to take to Cleveland!
Thank you to an amazing photographer. A special family that is financially funding this journey. The other amazing families who are contributing to us financially during this crazy time....the two awesome women who set up The McElhannon Fund at Wells Fargo. The friends who stop by with goodies or just to give the boys a high five. The friends who are coordinating things for us and the ones who are texting us really funny hilarious things. There are people praying for us that we do not know. There are people who want to help us along this journey that we dont know. The offers to watch our kids are OVERFLOWING. Either I have some REALLY cute kids...or these people are just AWESOME. I bet its a little of both. God is so present in this situation.
My mom always told me that it was appropriate to write a thank you note for EVERYTHING. And so...I have always done that. I have just really been broken hearted that I have not been able to do that. I have been told by a few people that if I attempted to write a thank you note that they would break my fingers. That would be a total bummer. It is so hard to let go of that...because I want to thank each person. Justin wants to thank each person. I do not think there is enough thank you notes in the world.

This is tough for me...I am a giver. Its weird to be on the other side of things.
Romans 12:13 says:
When God's people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality.
I feel that I have always tried to live out that verse. I see God returning that blessing to us tenfold. I often feel undeserving.
God calls us to fill in the gap and spread the word of the gospel. We are to always honor Him and His timing. I pray that someone will see our story and see how God has so wonderfully carried us through this time and seek Him. I pray that we can fill that gap and bring people closer to Him. We have had many experiences over the past 7 years as a couple that have given us the opportunity to lean on Him. (Justin has come such a long way!!) We have done that each time...and He has never let us down. Once again we rely fully on our Savior...and what do you know...he continues to provide hope and peace and hundreds of people to be THANKFUL for.
We serve a mighty God. Like...big time.

blog comments powered by Disqus