Wednesday, January 7, 2009

preschool, i love you

It was truly fabulous that preschool started up again yesterday! I love my little man so much, but I also enjoy my five hours away from him on Tuesdays and Thursdays :) I cannot lie...I am also looking forward to when Brody starts preschool...what will I do with that FREE time? Probably go to the grocery store like a loser lol BUT what bliss to walk the aisles of the grocery store child free. Bryce had a great first day back and apparently really enjoyed the visit from the "zoo man" who brought a kangaroo, a snake and a "porklypine"! Today we are laying low...Brody sounds a little congested so I am trying to keep a close eye on his feedings and temp to see if he needs to see the pediatrician. He is his usual happy self...but he just sounds a little snorty today. His OT will come this afternoon so we are excited about that. He is SO close to rolling from his back to his belly and I can't wait to show that off to her. I am debating on the nightmare of family portraits. I cannot decide where to go and what time of day is best. I have done Picture People and JC Penney and they were both great but somehow I end of leaving with 400 pictures too many and I know people love my kids, but no matter how much they love them I dont know anyone who wants 30 poses each of them. Hopefully wherever and whatever I decide...they will cooperate.
Speaking of cooperation I just have to reach out and thank the people in my life who have made difficult times a little more warm for me. I have been through some things recently that at times there were no right words to console...but there were friends who tried to say them anyways. There are friends that know things are different for us right now but they stick by our side no matter what. I have let a few friends go recently (and I know that sounds super corny-licious) and I dont think I will ever look back. I cannot compromise my values just to stay friends with someone...I cannot devalue my own beliefs to make a friend feel better time and time again. Personal morals are not supposed to be bargained with...especially just to benefit someone else. Lying is one thing...but lying to yourself is the ultimate betrayal.

blog comments powered by Disqus