Saturday, July 30, 2011

saturday

A new diagnosis? YUCK!
In addition to polymyositis and scleroderma and RA they have now come in and talked about this:

Interstitial (in-tur-STISH-ul) lung disease describes a large group of disorders, most of which cause progressive scarring of lung tissue. The scarring associated with interstitial lung disease eventually affects your ability to breathe and get enough oxygen into your bloodstream.

Interstitial lung disease can be caused by long-term exposure to hazardous materials, such as asbestos. Some types of autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, also can cause interstitial lung disease. In most cases, however, the causes remain unknown.

Once lung scarring occurs, it's generally irreversible. Medications can slow the damage of interstitial lung disease, but many people never regain full use of their lungs. Lung transplants are an option for some people who have interstitial lung disease.

We knew he had lung issues...but now they have a name. There is something additional going on is his lungs but we will have to wait for the biopsy results before we will know what. Possibly a fungus...opportunistic or systemic. Too fancy of words for this gal!

He is having trouble with his oxygen saturations. He is around a steady 89 and when walking around it can drop down to 85. They have him hooked up to oxygen now (which he thinks is so annoying) TWO iv's and heart monitors. Wouldn't you just love to be Justins nurse right about now??

I got the pleasure of sleeping on the hospital floor last night (sorry kelly!). I had a chair...but it kept closing me up inside and I was scared I was gonna get stuck forever...so I made a pallet. A pallet on a cold tile floor is not quite as cozy as a warm pallet in front of the tv at home...but I got to by by Justin all night so whatever.

I am headed home this afternoon. No plans on when I will come back. One day at a time. I cannot wait to squeeze my babies necks!

Lamentations 3:22-24

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”


PS: did you know my friend katie is a runway model??? :)

blog comments powered by Disqus